Non-Woven Geotextile Fabric
Geotextile Fabric is a non-woven geotextile comprised of polypropylene stable fibers. This fabric comes in a variety of densities and provides excellent physical and hydraulic properties in addition to high tensile strengths. Often used as underlayment for rock traffic surfaces or other surfacing materials, soil stabilization, encapsulation or containment of rock pockets or other soils, or in use in water filtering systems where slow flow or combined materials are used.
Typical roll size is 12.5 feet wide by 300 feet long. Other roll sizes are available. Differing fabric weights are also available. Ask about options for colors of fabric for certain weights and sizes.
Nonwoven geotextiles are multi-purpose fabrics, The main functions for these products are filtration and separation.
- Prevent the loss of soil fines when wrapped around drains
- Allows high water flow rates
- Heavier fabrics can provide drainage in plane
- Filtration of soils in drainage applications by retaining soil particles while allowing for the free flow of water
- Separation and stabilization in road and railway construction
- Prevention of soil movement in erosion control measures
Download PDF Specification Sheet – coming soon